Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  11:10:22  Show Profile
[fWhat has happened to the service in Lloyds Pharmacy?

There seems to be a total lack of management and organisation in the shop. Perscriptions are taking anything up to 2/3 to dispence and are getting lost in the system, if there is one.

I have complained to Lloyds head office and wait for their response.

HanceRont=Arial][/font=Arial]

Richard Hance

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  14:24:50  Show Profile
My partner went in the other day to collect her prescription after being told by the nurse it would be ready later, to be told by the woman in the pharmacy, that it would be 2 days???
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  15:24:26  Show Profile
I have to admit I have never had a problem but the turnover of staff does seem to be a bit extreme
Go to Top of Page

charlie
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  16:01:58  Show Profile
Have given up on Lloyds Pharmacy,They always take ages to find my script,and are under so much under pressure,and it shows.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  16:11:52  Show Profile
Gone downhill ever since Alison left and totally agree with above comments.
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  17:41:09  Show Profile
I should have said 2/3 weeks
HanceR

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  17:58:18  Show Profile
Lloyds collect my wife's prescription on a monthly basis. When I went to collect her medication on the appropriate day, I was told that I would have to come back in the afternoon as they were very busy. Back I went to be told that they couldn't find the prescription and would have to get a copy, it should be ready in 'a couple of days'.Two days later I collected her medication. At home, my wife noticed that one medicine supplied was only half the strength of her previous prescription. She phoned her doctor and was told that that should not be the case, and that she should get in touch with the pharmacy. They admitted they had got it wrong and delivered more tablets. Thankfully they only gave half strength, what may have happened if they had dispensed double strength?
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  09:34:27  Show Profile
Hi Nigel
With the way they work this is just the situation that we need to worry about. What would have happened if your wife had been given medicine that was too strong?
It is a shambles in there.

HanceR

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

DEGOO
Average Member

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  20:07:07  Show Profile
I too have medication monthly and agree that recently there have been issues with long waits and incomplete precriptions. I do know however that the pharmacist is on maternity leave so they are having locums in and there is a few issues with that, the nice young chap behind the counter was very apologetic when I was in there last week and they had lost my precription, again! I also wonder why it takes so long to process prescriptions now, in the past you only had to wait 5 minutes, 10 tops if it was busy, I guess all systems have changed. On a positive note, a few years back I had problems with a certain medication and the pharmacist honestly couldn't have been more helpful, I guess a lot has changed. Lets hope they get it sorted especially with the risks outline by Nigel, that truely isn't acceptable.
Go to Top of Page

Lloydspharmacy

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2011 :  15:55:46  Show Profile
As the Professional Standards and Clinical Governance Manager at Lloydspharmacy I am troubled to read you feedback about our pharmacy in Angmering. Please be assured that we take our customer service very seriously and are reviewing the situation in Angmering to address the issues you have raised.

On behalf of Lloydspharmacy I would also like to apologise for falling short of the high standards we strive to achieve. If you would like to speak to me or a member of my team to discuss your experiences further please email customer-services@lloydspharmacy.co.uk or call 0845 6003565 Option 2

Victoria Steele
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2011 :  17:34:39  Show Profile
Here is an extract from an email just received from Lloyds. Let us see if things do improve in the New Year.

"Please be reassured that the Field Manager is working closely with the members of staff within the pharmacy concerned to ensure prescriptions are fulfilled in an efficient, safe and timely manner. There has recently been some changes to the pharmacy team in order to try to ensure improvements are made in the level of service provided as it is paramount for our customers that the waiting time for a prescription is no longer than absolutely necessary and provides as little inconvenience as possible.

I appreciate that this does not reflect your experience, however I am confident that the field team will monitor and review the situation and take appropriate actions. I have informed the Superintendent Pharmacist of your concerns and have highlighted the thread on the Angmering Village Life website which does not make pleasant reading, I have asked the field team for their comments and re-assurance that all actions are being taken to resume the excellent level of service that Angmering expects of Lloydspharmacy to return as swiftly as possible."
HanceR

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

Stirrer

17 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  19:20:54  Show Profile
All Lloyds pharmacies are as bad as the ones in Angmering!! I've been given the wrong dosage before, as have many people i know. Avoid at all costs!!!
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  15:00:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stirrer

All Lloyds pharmacies are as bad as the ones in Angmering!! I've been given the wrong dosage before, as have many people i know. Avoid at all costs!!!

Stupid man.........some people do not have a choice!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Stirrer

17 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  22:04:35  Show Profile
roosterbri - your the stupid one. There is always a choice
Go to Top of Page

deb8
Average Member

59 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  09:59:56  Show Profile
'Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way'.

VICTOR E FRANKL
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  10:37:15  Show Profile
Choice? Apart from other local chemists - some of whom maintain a prescription medicines delivery service - there are also on-line chemists who will post medicines against a doctor's prescription.

I have to say that, to date, I have never had a problem with Lloyds over my prescription medicines, but others clearly have.
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  16:24:59  Show Profile
I am not sure there are other local delivery services (In Angmering), whereby your prescription is passed through directly from the doctors if you put in a repeat.

Does any other chemist have personnel delivering (other than the postman) besides Lloyds? Just asking...
Go to Top of Page

GreenFields
Average Member

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  18:36:03  Show Profile
In my experience the service has never been the same since it moved to it's current position.
I've started using the Pharmacy near the Willow Green surgery. I know that's not ideal for most but it can be a lot quicker.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  19:38:32  Show Profile
Kamsons near the station offer an excellent service, all you have to do is check with them. They collect from our surgery,Willow Green, and will deliver to us in Angmering if we want it.

We can also order our prescriptions on line from the Doctors, and Kamsons will collect it and dispense it.

LLoyds have always been helpful the few times we have used them.

There is a choice if you look for it!
Go to Top of Page

DEGOO
Average Member

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:24:34  Show Profile
I'm afraid Lloyds have now lost me as a customer. Extremely poor service today, in a queue of about 8 people, the front 2 of which were waiting for prescriptions that had been 'lost' Not even a 'sorry for keeping you' from the staff.. I gave up after about 10 minutes and got the calpol in the Co-op! I will be going to the chemist at the station from now on for my prescriptions. I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt after how poor it was a few months back, but since then, for me anyway, there hasn't been any improvement.
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:41:14  Show Profile
Took a prescription in this morning and was told it would be ready in 15 minutes. Went back 40 minutes later and it was still not ready - hand to wait another 10 minutes. Several other people waiting.

One customer mentioned about going into Lloyds on Saturday as was told that they may not necessarily be open on Saturday as there was a doubt whether there would be a pharmacist there!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:48:13  Show Profile
Earlier postings on this topic should have alerted lloyds to smarten up their act.
Clearly not the case so like others I shall go elsewhere.
Quite frankly they have been a joke for some time.
Go to Top of Page

DEGOO
Average Member

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  21:19:39  Show Profile
A couple of months ago they had a customer survey in there, which I filled out with all my little issues (there were a few) So I honestly thought they were hoping to take on board all that was said and improve things. I get prescriptions almost monthly and I can honestly say there has only been one occasion since this thread started that I have gone in and it has been ready and correct, to me that is very poor. Luckily i'm on the ball with my pills as they have been the wrong doses too, which could be potentially very dangerous. Tonight was the straw that broke the camels back. I wonder if it would do any good speaking to the surgery about it, whether it would do any good or not I don't know.....

I have just emailed the customer services at the address give by them in this thread. I shall wait and see!

Edited by - DEGOO on 05 Apr 2012 21:44:27
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  22:02:25  Show Profile
I should have added that while I was there this morning, somebody brought back a prescription that was handed back as it was obviously incorrect!
Go to Top of Page

Dragon

6 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  19:14:42  Show Profile
Long queue outside Lloyds today, only wanted to leave repeat subscription. When I returned had to wait 1/2 hour for my mothers prescription. What one earth is going on ?? A lot of grumbling in the queue - Off somewhere else in future

Edited by - Dragon on 02 May 2012 19:17:26
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  19:34:32  Show Profile
Went to pick up my express prescription last week. As soon as I saw the size of the package I remarked that it could not be correct. One of the items had been omitted. Are there not any double checks on prescriptions?
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  19:45:07  Show Profile
There are no double checks on prescriptions and my son was mis -supplied wrong pain killer as specified by Doctor only to be told,tough, get another prescription from Surgery and we will get it right but you will have to pay again.
They have a virtual Monopoly and it really shows.
Go to Top of Page

240felicia

172 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  17:12:06  Show Profile
i am very wary of the place, though still have to use to due locality... they dispensed a medicine to me when i had a newborn baby that on the packaging stated not suitable for breastfeeding mothers as can cause fatalities in newborns, yet neither the pharmacist nor the gp had checked... it's all just a production line to make profit at the end of the day...
Go to Top of Page

DEGOO
Average Member

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2012 :  11:35:42  Show Profile
Here is the reply to the email of complaint I sent a few weeks ago,, as yet I haven't phoned the number as the reply came when I was on holiday, but I will be soon enough! I urge you all to do the same!

I am writing following your email regarding the service you have experienced from our pharmacy at Station Road, Angmering. I would like to offer my sincere apologies on behalf of Lloydspharmacy and assure you that this matter has been taken seriously.
All our pharmacies strive to work to the highest possible standards and we have systems and procedures in place to ensure these are followed. It is therefore very disappointing that we have fallen short of our own high standards on this occasion. Please be assured that we take all incidents of this nature extremely seriously and we believe it is of paramount importance to monitor any such incidents that occur and use this information to try and minimise the risk of future similar events.

I would like to re-assure you that this is not the standard of customer service expected from Lloydspharmacy.

If you would find it helpful to discuss any aspect of this incident and the procedures Lloydspharmacy has in place following such an event, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of my colleagues in the Pharmacy Superintendent’s Office on 0845 600 3565, option 2.

Yours sincerely

Deep Patel MRPharmS
Professional Standards and Clinical Governance Pharmacist
Pharmacy Superintendent’s Office

Go to Top of Page

Stirrer

17 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2012 :  22:02:55  Show Profile
I wouldn't bother phoning them. I did ages ago. Bog standard response - field team going in, not usual standards, very concerned blah blah blah. Just boycot with your feet. the only way they will ever deal with the issues is when they kill someone
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  11:26:57  Show Profile
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font=Comic Sans MS]

Lloyds Angmering
It seems as though things go from bad to worse in Lloyds in spite of the assurances we have received in emails and on this website.

I think the shop should be closed down till they can find reliable staff and get their house in order.

I have sent this email this morning.

"Dear sirs

This morning I visited your pharmacy in Angmering and found yet again another pharmacist there, it is so obvious that you cannot either keep staff or recruit permanent staff who have an interest and commitment to running the pharmacy in Angmering.

Today I called to collect a prescription that was left on Monday for the surgery next door. I was told it would be ready in three working days. So that means it should have been ready to collect by Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning at the latest.

Having waited for five minutes to be served behind two other people whose prescriptions they could not find, I was informed the one that I wanted was not ready as they had only received it from the surgery yesterday and it then takes two days to dispense. The assistant argued that the it takes two days for the order to go the surgery and back and then two days to dispense. What sort of service is this when one assistant earlier in the week says "three working days".

There still seems to be a total lack of management in this pharmacy and it should be closed down till reliable and committed staff can be appointed. It is nothing more than a disgrace to your profession and your company's name and reputation.

I suggest you read Angmering Village Life website and you will see complaints are still being posted.

Regards"

If I receive a reply I will post it here.

HanceR

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page

roosterbri
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  12:44:16  Show Profile
It raises the question "How will they manage if another 700 houses get built, without a separate infrastructure of medical facilities/chemist etc"?
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  19:12:43  Show Profile
Problem might be with Surgery. On-line prescription ordering with Willow Green seems to present very few problems.

Can't imagine Lloyds go out of their way to alienate customers. What would be the point?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  20:17:02  Show Profile
We live near Angmering School, but have always been with Willow Green. Sympathies to people who are having problems with their prescriptions from Lloyds. As Derek said, Willow Green Surgery is fine with on-line ordering. Our prescriptions are picked up by Kamsons near the station, and fulfilled quickly. The Pharmacist there is a star, and the staff are always helpful. Prescriptions are collected from the Doctor by the chemist, and can be delivered to you. This sounds like an advertisement, but honestly, it is not! I'm certainly not suggesting that people change Doctor's, but it might be worth considering changing your chemist if they cover Angmering as well.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Growser
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  20:25:02  Show Profile
Agree they do not go out of their way to alienate their Customers but my goodness they totally succeed without even trying based on my experience today that mirrors that of Richard Hance.
A total and utter joke that needs to be sorted ASAP.
I wouldn`t hold my breathe though as they are sitting on a virtual goldmine and all we will get are anodyne statements of remorse.
Go to Top of Page

DEGOO
Average Member

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  20:39:58  Show Profile
I don't think it is a problem with the surgery, I was told by a receptionist there when I needed a prescription quickly that it would be 3 working days. It was indeed at Lloyds in 3 working days, it just took the pharmacy assistant about 10 minutes to find it!
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  11:27:59  Show Profile
Clearly, there are some problems at Angmering Lloyds Pharmacy, as indicated in the above comments. However, both my wife and I have been having repeat prescriptions there, since it opened and we have not had any problems, which of course should be the case for everyone.

So far as DEGOO's comment re "...needing a prescription quickly..." and that it would be "..3 working days..". Does the 3 working days issue not relate to repeat prescriptions? In which case there should not really be a need for them to be dispensed "quickly." It is for the patient to ensure the repeat prescription is delivered to the pharmacy in good time..ie at least 3 working days, (preferably 4 or 5 )which we find a perfectly reasonable system.

If a patient sees one of the GP's and he/she writes out a prescription at that time, the pharmacy will dispense it well within an hour, usually 20 minutes or so.

It is a shame that so many Pharmacists cover the Angmering branch, although that should not really matter. I suspect the same Pharmacist is at Kamsons every day and this helps with a seamless and more efficient service.

Clearly Lloyds do have work to do, to make the service more efficient.
Go to Top of Page

DEGOO
Average Member

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  09:45:30  Show Profile
Bert - it was a repeat prescription of medication that has had an increase in dose, hence I ran out quicker than normal -Personal circumstances and all that! 3 days was fine for me and I agree it's an acceptable time for a repeat, normally I allow 5 days. My previous comment was actually not a complaint for a change!
Go to Top of Page

Lloydspharmacy

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  12:58:11  Show Profile
Your feedback is important to us and we are taking steps to address your concerns. Until recently our Angmering branch had a core team of long serving staff. Due to a number of circumstances, including retirement and maternity leave, the team changed significantly which has led to inconsistencies and reduced quality of service. For this we sincerely apologise.

We are carrying out a thorough audit of the professional standards of the pharmacy. The audit will also outline specific actions we need to take to bring the pharmacy back up to the high standards the citizens of Angmering quite rightly expect.

The area manager is also working closely with the pharmacy to put in place a team that has the right mix of skills to meet the needs of the community.

We are very sorry for letting our service standards drop and do hope you will bear with us just a little longer while we put these measures in place.

If anybody would find it helpful to speak with myself or a member of the Customer Service Team about any individual instances, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you on 0845 6003565 Option 2

Kind Regards

Victoria Steele
Professional Standards and Clinical Governance Manager
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  13:13:58  Show Profile
It's both pleasing and encouraging to see that Lloyds Pharmacy HO have been monitoring the Forum comments and are taking positive action to improve the standards at their Angmering branch. Thank you Victoria.

Obviously, it will take a little time for things to be put right. I hope so because I think we would all like to see Lloyds run an efficient and successful branch in the village, returning to the standards it once had.
Go to Top of Page

HanceR

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2012 :  15:42:01  Show Profile
See my exchange of emails with Lloyds. It is good they are doing something about the situation and we should thank them for that. However the "proof of the pudding is in the eating"

Dear Patel

Many thanks, I am sure the residents of Angmering will look forward to the better service your are planning to put in place with the hope things will improve sooner rather than later.

Regards

Richard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Patel Deep [mailto:deep.patel@lloydspharmacy.co.uk]
Sent: 25 May 2012 13:58
To: richardhance@o2.co.uk
Subject: Lloydspharmacy, Angmering

96280/Hance/6567-2

25 May 2012

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

Mr Richard Hance

Email Sent To: richardhance@o2.co.uk

Dear Mr Hance

I am writing further to your email dated 18th May 2012 regarding our pharmacy at Station Road, Angmering. I hope the Pharmacist on duty dealt with this issue in a helpful manner and to your satisfaction.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies on behalf of the organisation and assure you that this matter is taken seriously.

All our pharmacies strive to work to the highest possible standards and we have systems and procedures in place to ensure these are followed. It is therefore very disappointing that we have fallen short of our own high standards on this occasion. Lloydspharmacy believes it is of paramount importance to monitor any such incidents that occur within our branches and use this information to try and minimise the risk of future similar events.

Your feedback is important to us and we are taking steps to address your concerns. Until recently our Angmering branch had a core team of long serving staff. Due to a number of circumstances, including retirement and maternity leave, the team changed significantly which has led to inconsistencies and reduced quality of service. For this we sincerely apologise.

We are carrying out a thorough audit of the professional standards of the pharmacy. The audit will also outline specific actions we need to take to bring the pharmacy back up to the high standards the citizens of Angmering quite rightly expect. The area manager is also working closely with the pharmacy to put in place a team that has the right mix of skills to meet the needs of the community.

We are very sorry for letting our service standards drop and do hope you will bear with us just a little longer while we put these measures in place.

I once again offer my sincere apologies. If you would find it helpful to discuss any aspect of this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me or one of my colleagues in the Pharmacy Superintendent’s Office on 0845 600 3565, option 2.

Yours sincerely

Victoria Steele MRPharmS
Professional Standards and Clinical Governance Manager
Pharmacy Superintendent’s Office

www.lloydspharmacy.com

Richard Hance
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: