New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  19:29:16  Show Profile
I note that a dog poo bin was proposed for Honey lane, but nowhere could be found to site it. Real shame as I did notice yesterday three bags of poo deposited along Honey Lane (all bags looked the same so presumably the same dumper). No idea who the charmer is who is doing this but after bothering to pick up the poo, how difficult is it just to carry it home to dispose of it?

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  19:42:16  Show Profile
And there is new dog poo nearly every day on the path opposite the Medical Centre!
Go to Top of Page

Eliza

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  19:49:52  Show Profile
I loath and hate this.... We have a dog and always without question clear up properly after him. I WOULD NOT HAVE A DOG IF I WAS NOT PREPARED TO DO THIS. This lets all us responsable dog owners down, and these people if/when found should be severely punished.... There rant over .........

dl

Edited by - Eliza on 05 Apr 2012 22:46:12
Go to Top of Page

charlie
Average Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:52:12  Show Profile
Having had a dog, I too hate when the owners do not clean up,or when they do ,leave it on the ground.I did tackle one chap and offered him a bag,I wont say what he said,enough to say I would think twice about doing it again.
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  20:51:39  Show Profile
Another annoyance, is lazy people who cant be bothered to walk to the designated dog poo bins, I watched a woman yesterday walk from chantryfield road, to the normal bin opposite palmer road, and putting the dog waste in there.
I know people will argue that this is better than on the floor, but its still wrong, the dog waste bins are there for a reason.
Go to Top of Page

doroy
Average Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  11:08:18  Show Profile
We too had problems with what we thought was inconsiderate dog owners until last night I caught the offender "A FOX." We have a plague of foxes and they seem to use the same spot each night for their ablutions.
You may just be blaming the wrong people.
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  09:30:52  Show Profile
no its definitely people that are putting the poo in the refuse bin, I watched her do it

Edited by - Karl@KCM on 08 Apr 2012 09:31:24
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  19:44:47  Show Profile
I really don't think foxes are able to bag up their poo Doroy, but I do take your point!
Go to Top of Page

Rosebud
Average Member

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2012 :  11:11:54  Show Profile
My partner found a pile of dog poo his driveway yesterday! He doesn't own a dog, so someone obviously thought it was ok to let their dog do it there, and then they couldn't be bothered to pick it up! I wonder what the owner would say if someones dog did what they needed to do on their driveway, and it was just left there! Bet they would be the first to complain!
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  15:15:04  Show Profile
I did ask someone to be kind enough to pick up after their dog at the weekend and they promised to do so. However, later in the day the pile of "poo" was still in situ and on Monday morning I took a trowel and cleared it away; I do not want my grandsons getting it on their shoes and bringing it into the house. This is very selfish and anti-social behaviour.
Go to Top of Page

hairspray

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  15:36:24  Show Profile
Often being polite does not work , I was very firm when I spoke to someone a few years back, and they have not done it again since outside my house. Many years ago whilst living in London I asked someone nicely to not let there dog poo outside my gate as Inwas pregnant and had toddlers . They continued to let the dog poo near my gate and as I knew they lived a few doors away I used a shovel and put it on their doorstep! Again it did not happen again.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2012 :  23:25:41  Show Profile
http://i.imgur.com/rDIfU.jpg
Go to Top of Page

beernard
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2012 :  11:35:34  Show Profile
BFA, i totally agree with this picture, but with the grass as long as it is, more people are just leaving it! An elderly lady who lives in the cumberland road area made the effort to pick her own dogs mess up but stood into the long grass and ended up stepping into a huge pile that some lazy dog owner had left!

BB
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  16:12:49  Show Profile
These lazy folk are still around leaving a huge pile of dog mess on a verge in The Thatchway for local residents to clear up. Can't be bothered to pick up and put in the Dog Bin provided.
Go to Top of Page

ShellsBells

15 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  10:51:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pansy

I did ask someone to be kind enough to pick up after their dog at the weekend and they promised to do so. However, later in the day the pile of "poo" was still in situ and on Monday morning I took a trowel and cleared it away; I do not want my grandsons getting it on their shoes and bringing it into the house. This is very selfish and anti-social behaviour.

Anti-social behaviour begins at home and continues into the schools with no one daring to do a thing about it.
Just look at the surrounding area of Angmering School:
Parking - to suit each individual and the heck with the consequences despite the double yellow lines.
Rubbish all over the streets and in the gardens on the school route and around the school - and there are two litter bins there.

As for dog poo - I go to Bramley Green most mornings and the poo bin there is once again overflowing with bags which proves (to a point) most people DO pick it up.
As for using a litter bin, they do say on these that dog mess can be placed in them as long as they are in a closed bag. And where there is a litter bin there is not always a dog poo bin so yes please use them if you bag it.

I have had dogs all my life and always pick up. What we need here is to hear from someone who does not pick up and to tell us why
Go to Top of Page

Tinklebelle
Average Member

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  22:16:09  Show Profile
The other day, walking our two small dogs, we followed a dog owner in his 40's with black/white shetland sheep dog off the lead walking from the Rugby club field up towards the High Street. The owner was in front of the dog who stopped on the grass verge outside houses near The Chantrells in Roundstone Lane, and emptied itself. Owner ignored the pile and walked on bouncing a football while dog trotted up behind. I was livid.... followed him and photographed the chap+dog to his home in The Avenals where he went to a house on the right round the bend. I have him on camera. Owner usually walks late afternoon so watch out for him. He never hass a lead for the dog and never picks the poo up - he walks down past the Spotted Cow, along behind Manor Nurseries footpath and into the back of the Rugby Club fields.

I lived in Aldwick when my children were tiny and an Alsatian was allowed to poo right where we climbed out of our car. I shovelled up the pile....walked round to the chap's house...knocked on his door... and flung the pile splosh on his wall saying...."I think this belongs to your dog so here it is".... it never happened again.

Tinklebelle
Go to Top of Page

beernard
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  11:49:27  Show Profile
I know who this chap is and would be more than happy to give you his name.

BB
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  16:11:32  Show Profile
Go Girl!
Go to Top of Page

TilerTim

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2012 :  20:57:27  Show Profile
Some people will never clean up after their dogs unfortunately. More poo bins should help though
Go to Top of Page

luckyduck

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  14:31:04  Show Profile
Are all dog owners either stupid or belonging to some other planet. Walking today along Ferring Greensward, the place was swarming with dogs, and probably half were empying themselves either with the owners looking at them, bored waiting for them to finish or just walking on and leaving the dog to clean itself up. I know that they say the minority spoil it for the majority, but today it was certainly not a minority. The path, path edges and beach are now a hazard to all children, and no doubt many of us will be taking our children and grand childreen down to that beach this summer - not me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000