Angmering Parish Plan
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  13:59:31  Show Profile
Last year, I suggested Angmering Parish Council should be considering the preparation of the next Parish Plan.

The current Plan commenced in 2003 for ten years. The objectives and strategy for that Plan are now either complete, outdated or redundant.

It will take 12-18 months for a new Plan to be prepared.

At the Public Meeting on 26th January, in respect of Arun District Council's Plan, for the number of homes that should be built in this District over the next 17 years; the Chief Executive of ADC encouraged APC to commence preparation of a new Parish Plan.

This ( along with other Parish Plans) to tie in with Arun's Plan and to include the number of homes Angmering residents feel should be built in this parish.

As Angmering may well be subject of further development, a Parish Plan is vital and central to provide a framework for this very important subject.

I would suggest we as a village, do not want to be in a position, where we have no strategic plan for the future, with specific reference to further house building.

We need to argue our case if Angmering is chosen by ADC and/or developers for more than our fair share of further development, over the next 10 - 17 years.

Only a well thought through Parish Plan will provide this.

I would suggest APC need to commence consultation, with some urgency, to prepare such an important official document.

We have been in the world of service plans and business plans for many years now. We need the next Parish Plan produced, and ready for implementation by mid 2012.

Aramis
Average Member

37 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  23:21:03  Show Profile
I look forward to voting for Bert as a Parish Councilor in May so that he can put his knowledge and expertise to good use for the benefit of the village.
Go to Top of Page

Bert
Advanced Member

484 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  12:23:59  Show Profile
Aramis. Your sarcasm, and possibly good humour is not lost on me.

However, although I fully appreciate I set myself up for such a comment, it was a risk I was very happy to take.

It was also not lost on me, how few Angmering residents attended the public meeting on 26th January. Particularly as Neil had included two specific items informing residents of the important meeting on his News page.

I thought the fact that so few attended, ( I suspect there were as many from East Preston, probably more, as Angmering,) it is just possible that some readers of this website would be vaguely interested in the fact that the Chief Executive of Arun District Council specifically mentioned a new Angmering Plan, with particular reference to the inclusion of an objective for the number of new homes to be built in the village over the next 17 years.

You may not feel this is particularly important to the residents of Angmering, but I suspect, even though they chose not to attend the meeting, many residents may be interested in the strategy by Arun DC and Angmering PC, on the subject of future housing development in the village, which will affect everyone.

If you feel, I should not bother with such comment, I will of course desist from doing so in future.
Go to Top of Page

Aramis
Average Member

37 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  19:17:40  Show Profile
Bert, it certainly was not meant as sarcasm, but I'm glad you appreciated the humourous vein - the PC and village needs people who have views, and the ability and drive to see them through.

As to the meeting, I had fully intended to go, but unfortunately I had unforeseen work commitments which prevented me doing so.

A sensible and reasoned attitude must prevail. It is very easy to say "no more houses in Angmering", but is that the correct course? If that had happened 50 years ago, a large number of the residents wouldn't be here - probably including this website. Where will the youngsters in Angmering live in 5, 10, 15 years time? Are they to be condemned to move out and live elsewhere? Will additional housing bring opportunities to the village(rs) for improved facilities?

Clearly, I am not expecting you to answer these points but I do believe that people should approach the subject of build/not build with an open mind "for the benefit of Angmering" and that includes the physical village and its population. The perceived detrimental aspects and benefits must be weighed and balanced as with any major decision. Some will not agree with whatever is decided, but that is a bye-product of democracy.

In the words of the Rolling Stones song:

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need".

Keeeeeeeeep posting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000