New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  14:14:29  Show Profile
The Parish Council has today broadcast its intentions on its Community Fête which will be held on 3rd and 4th September. Details can be seen on the AVL News page.

Unfortunately, APC's own News Desk has been out of action for a few weeks - don't know why. I would have thought that they would have wanted to advertise their event on their own website from Day 1.

Notwithstanding that, I wonder whether APC has maximised on getting the whole community together over their selected weekend - if this was their intention. They're obviously spending quite a bit of money on the organisation and even paying for a professional organisation to plan it. I'm not sure that it will actually be self-funding as is the intention but, for something that could bring the whole community together, I think some expenditure is justifiable.

I was disappointed to learn, however, that the Fête is largely aimed at kids and sporting activities. I don't have a problem with that but, if all the village organisations had been invited as well, what a fabulous event it could have been for the parish with all sections of the community involved.

Here was one opportunity for the APC to think BIG. I fear it has thought SMALL!

Stonechipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  14:33:56  Show Profile
It sounds like an ambitious project and I congratulate those involved in the initiation of such a grand venture. I hope they are ready for the inevitable onslaught from naysayers, nitpickers and gloom merchants. I give it my full backing and will be getting involved in some capacity, even if that consists only of turning up and taking part. Let's get on and enjoy it and to hell with the critics (before they even start!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000