BT Infinity
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  12:58:39  Show Profile
Wonder if other Angmering residents are having problems with their broadband connection? We upgraded to BT Infinity on 1st November and were getting download speed of 22MB which then dropped to 19MB in mid-December and is now down to just over 9MB. Managed to speak to technical support advisor today (not my first call this week but my 4th)and was helped up to a point BUT BT unable to sort out this problem and have suggested I phone another technical support number and this will probably involve a call out and will cost me. Not very good customer service at all. BT can see there is a problem having checked the line but say the line is not the problem but the fault is with network conductivity? Now it looks as if we are going to have to sort it out. Wonder if I should cancel the service and reinstall the previous Netgear router and carry on as before?

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  13:32:16  Show Profile
Still getting 37MB/9MB through my Infinity hub.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  14:10:40  Show Profile
12.01.2013 ; My Infinity Hub : Download : 37.6 : upload : 8.38
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  20:30:38  Show Profile
Very disappointed with BT response to my complaint. Current download 9.3 and upload 2.3 which is not satisfactory.
I think having taken the money and installed the equipment they are just not interested any more. I tried an online complaint but the "enter your account number" box would not take our 10 character account number and I kept getting error message "account number should contain 10 characters"! To be fair the person I spoke to in India did have a good command of English and did his best to help but at the end did a Pontius Pilot on me by referring me to a technical support company which is going to cost money.
Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  13:54:33  Show Profile
I have to say I am not happy with our Infinity performance either. I did a speed test after the engineer had visited and all was well. A couple of months on we're experiencing approx 3.9 download, and anywhere from 9-11 upload. Will give BT a call and post what they say.
Go to Top of Page

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  15:52:42  Show Profile
Just now

75.66 down

17 up

Edited by - Karl@KCM on 14 Jan 2013 15:53:17
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  15:56:19  Show Profile
At last BT have responded to my complaint and are sending an Openreach engineer to the house on Monday afternoon (between one and six o'clock) to sort out the slow speed of our Broadband connection.
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2013 :  16:54:26  Show Profile
Following BT engineer's visit yesterday afternoon we were getting 24.37Mb this morning and 26.02Mb download and 2.75 upload 10 minutes ago which is a vast improvement on 9.35! It may, however, drop down as the Broadband "settles down" and I shall be monitoring it daily. There was no problem with the line into the house or the internal wiring which was good to know. Problem likely to be caused because we are a long way away from the exchange at 1.2 kilometers.
Go to Top of Page

Nigel

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  23:33:11  Show Profile
Has anyone who had their broadband on the Rustington exchange (numbers beginning 78****)switched to Infinity and if so,what is the result?
Only asking because BT say I will get over 70mb when I'm only getting 2mb at the moment. Sounds too good to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Pansy

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2013 :  09:59:14  Show Profile
Don't believe it when BT tell you that you will get 70MB. The engineer who came here said it was very misleading of BT to tell customers that they can achieve, say, 30MB as they should be saying "you may get up to 30MB". I have been monitoring my broadband speed since the visit and just once did it achieve 26MB but dropped away the next day and has been as low as 11.00MB. This morning the speed is 19.28MB with an upload speed of 2.46; the upload speed is never more than 2MB.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000