New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  13:44:37  Show Profile
The evening was cold but dry with no rain forecast. Shopkeepers, the Parish Council, the Library, and the Church all made a great effort to entice villagers inside their premises within the spirit of the Evening where traders are not motivated by self-interest.

But where were Angmering residents this year. I'm sure that numbers must have been down by at least 40% on previous years. Have Forum members any suggestions why this was so?

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  14:17:19  Show Profile
Probably the same people who stayed away are those who bewail the closure of local shops. Surprised if numbers were down to that extent. Looked lively enough.
Go to Top of Page

MrT
Average Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  15:39:03  Show Profile
I did wander round for a few minutes around 5.45pm but it was a cold evening so that's why I didn't stay long.

The most amusing amusement was watching all the cars trying to proceed down Station Road, having failed to notice the Road Closed signs, attempting talk their way past the barrier-men, and doing u-turns into the doctor's car park to get back out again!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  17:19:23  Show Profile
Talking to the security man at the Station Road barrier, he said a nurse insisted that she had to get through as she was attending an elderly lady who had dementia!

Another abusive motorist said closing the roads was illegal and he was going to the police!
Go to Top of Page

neil
Forum Owner / Moderator

United Kingdom
2623 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2012 :  19:24:42  Show Profile
One of the major advertising sources for this year's Traders' Evening was through the All About Angmering magazine. A number of people are now saying that they have not had the magazine delivered to them for several months. This will not have helped the attendance at last Wednesday's event although it does seem that the cold weather and viruses were a significant factor.

Did you receive the December issue of the magazine? If not, in approx what area of the village do you live? I have alerted the editor of the magazine about non-deliveries.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000