Angmering General - Forum
 Dog Bins - bagged poop everywhere....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevemcdonnell

2 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2012 :  22:34:02  Show Profile
Appreciation goes out to the efforts of many dog owner's who are responsible enough to scoop their pooches poop.
There does however appear to be an issue with the amount the owners are feeding their pets ?
There are large numbers of bagged poops scattered on the floor surrounding the same dog bins intended to take them, as these same bins are already full to bursting.
APC we need more dog bins and more frequent collections from same please !

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2012 :  22:59:52  Show Profile
No problems, Sir.

Although these bins are emptied on a regular basis, some areas do fill much quicker than others.
please email (or telephone) the Parish Council office and let them know where the full bins are and they will very quickly get the Council out to empty them.

Sometimes, it has been noted that the bin will get emptied but they leave the extra bags on the ground beside it. if this happens, please again, email the PC office and they will get one of the environmental wardens to go along and put the bags in the bins so it can be emptied - again!

The environmental wardens are generally on these cases, but they are only part time and cannot cover the whole village constantly.
The Parish Council rely on reports from the public to ensure things like this are dealt with quickly, so please do not think you are being a nuisance by reporting.
Hope this is of some help.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

240felicia

172 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2012 :  15:01:45  Show Profile
hi patty - have you (apc) put signs on the doggy bins telling users the number to call if it's full? if not, could you please? thanks xx

Edited by - 240felicia on 03 Jul 2012 15:03:26
Go to Top of Page

stevemcdonnell

2 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  23:26:37  Show Profile
So sorry Patty, wasn't aware that it was the responsibility of the residents to notify the parish council on the upkeep of the amenities. I thought it was a given.

Go to Top of Page

NickR60
Average Member

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2012 :  15:38:20  Show Profile
Was thinking about this the otherday (yuck) - the bin near the community centre on the path towards Mill Road was awful the other day. Bags stacked a foot high on top of the bin and allover the ground beside so it may be worth noting that particular bin as a quick filler (yuck again!).
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2012 :  19:34:00  Show Profile
I sent an email to cleansing@arun.gov.uk about the Bramley Green bin on the Friday and they emptied it on the Monday (obviously don't work at weekends!)
Go to Top of Page

Bluebell
Average Member

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2012 :  19:44:50  Show Profile
I have reported it again today (Sunday) as there were a few poo bags left on top again. I think the problem is that the black bin bag is not inserted properly so only the top section gets filled. Either that or the dogs round here have a serious gut problem!
Go to Top of Page

derekdainton
deleted

579 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2012 :  21:10:11  Show Profile
A bigger bin might help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page