(Part 4, Chapter 1, Section 3, Sub-Section 7) ( Bk. Index )

[ Farm Houses in 1839 - their histories]

3.7 Aberdeen House

Aberdeen HouseAberden House Outbuilding

Aberdeen House (and outbuilding), Arundel Road

Listed Buildings Register Entry
HOUSE - One building. C18. Two storeys. Four windows. Ground floor faced with roughcast., above arranged in imitation of timbering with plaster infilling. Tiled roof. Glazing bars intact. Stuccoed porch. The shop portion at the south end is marked "Established in the 17th Century".
OUTBUILDING - Outbuilding or former Stable adjoining the house on the south. C18. Two storeys (?). Three windows. Faced with flints with red brick dressings and quoins. Tiled roof. Fixed windows and glazing bars.

Site Plan from the 1839 Tithe Map.
The house is in Plot No 389 on the east side of present day Arundel Road opposite Watertone and Elmhurst

1839 Tithe Map