Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  21:06:12  Show Profile
Can anyone help please????

We desperately need volunteers who are handy with a bit of carpentry to help us finish the cupboards on the lower deck of the Youth Bus.

Bus is in the village area, so no travelling and can be accessed during daylight hours weekdays and weekends.

Please contact me if you can offer even a teeny weeny bit of help. We really need to get this project finished as soon as possible now and get it into use.

I can be reached at the Framing shop or telepone 01903 782202
or email on: angmeringpat@aol.com

Thank you.

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies

Edited by - patty on 17 Feb 2009 21:07:57

Stonechipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  14:13:34  Show Profile
Are you still needing help with this? If so, what timeframe ('scuse the pun) are you looking at?
Go to Top of Page

clueless
Average Member

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  18:24:52  Show Profile

I may be able to offer some help too, what is needed?

Edited by - clueless on 25 Apr 2009 18:25:47
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  18:26:50  Show Profile
Hi Stonechipper

Your offer comes at the best time ever.

We are planning on launching the bus with a fun day on Sunday 10th May - advertising will be following shortly, and there are many nitty bitty bits left to do before it is complete.

Sort of things left to do are:
legs to be sawn off bottom of a few cupboards and fixed under worktop.
Possible to build two tables/benches.
various bits of tidying up.
fixing some brackets under benching to hold stools.
fix tap/ pump and water/waste bottles under sink unit.
Probably more, but too excited at your offer of help to remember eveything.
Do please email me if you are still interested,
I am on : angmeringpat@aol.com

any comments and views listed above are those of myself personally and not as a Parish Councillor, and in no way reflect opinions of the Parish Council or any other professional bodies
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  18:28:15  Show Profile
You as well Clueless, all welcome.
Thank you for asking.

Go to Top of Page

Stonechipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  21:32:30  Show Profile
Unfortunately I doubt I'll be in Angmering in time. However, if I do find myself in the area before the launch then I'll give you a call, Patty, and I'll do whatever I can. I'll email you with more details later this evening.
Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  21:48:45  Show Profile
Cheers Stonechipper
I really appreciate any offers of help at the moment, no matter how small. Look forward to hearing from you.

[x2x]

Go to Top of Page

patty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
738 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  21:46:47  Show Profile
I would like say, on behalf of the Youth Forum how much we would like to thank everyone who took part today and for all the help and support that we received.
We would have liked to have seen more visitors, but those who came, seem to like and enjoy. There were plenty of youth playing with the computer games so we seem to have done someting right!
So many people gave/lent items for us to use and if I listed them all I know I am likely to miss someone off and offend so please take this as a personal thanks as well from me.
Even Nigel Nunn, who I know has been spoken about on much of the forum excelled himself for us by loaning a generator that decied to stop working and then spent over an hour of his time stripping it down and getting it working (and not one moan or complaint passed hs lips)- thanks Nigel, that really was appreciated.
The fairground and the hot dog people gave so much help and advice, and the fire brigade, absolutely amazing. We cannot thank them all enough.
Even just knowing they supported this project was such an encouragement.
And also thanks to Neil for putting us on your newspage so quickly.
One new volunteer has already signed up - fantastic. and the possibility of a driver.
It looks like it is going to be overbooked for daytime use already with the interest from various organisations for the more mature person. Fantastic.
There is still more work to do on it but it is usuable. So look forward to its first night for the youth as soon as we can.
Will keep you all informed.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000