New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Euphrosene
Average Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  12:06:03  Show Profile
Artists in Angmering are off the radar for current open studios. However, if anyone is interesting in joining me to start one, I'd be happy to be the co-ordinator. Please email me either via this forum or to euphrosene at gmail dot com.

I have already been in touch with various organisations and one has now put me in touch with the Arts Development Officer.

Euphrosene
www.euphrosenelabon.com

www.euphrosenelabon.com

Euphrosene
Average Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2009 :  17:22:53  Show Profile
I can't believe there are no interested artists in Angmering!

Anyway, progress has been made with Arun and Inspire and, this year, there will be a Shoebox Art Fair (details TBC) as the starting point in an Arun Arts initiative, leading to an annual open houses season.

Please email me as before for more information.

Euphrosene

www.euphrosenelabon.com
Go to Top of Page

Euphrosene
Average Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  14:59:16  Show Profile
Shoebox Art Fair Invitation
Sun, sea... and sell your art. Attract new buyers during the busy tourist season with affordable entry-level pieces.

Littlehampton Town Council and Inspire are kicking off a series of initiatives to promote the arts in Arun with a Shoebox Art Fair on the 26th July 2009 at the Windmill Studio in the Windmill Leisure Centre, Littlehampton.

To make the event attractive to a wide range of buyers all genres of art are welcome. Artists from outside the region are also welcome.

And, to capture the tourist trade, we are using the catchy title of shoebox art. In fact the maximum size of box will probably be around H30x W35x D46cm as two can sit quite comfortably per table.

With a ‘shoebox’, there is no need for stands or hangings, with all those additional costs, and the registration fee reflects that at only £25 for a shared table. (It will cost £50 to have a table to yourself.)

The Shoebox Art Fair is, and will remain, open to artists from outside the region.

Next year this event will be in addition to an Open House season, which will be for local artists only.

There are different rules for fairs regarding commissions on sales. With the Shoebox Art Fair, whatever sales we make, we keep, paying no commission - for this year at least.

The event will be open to the public from 11:00-16:00hrs. It will be open from 10 o’clock for artists to set up – although the general idea is to make it as portable as possible. Hence the idea of using a ‘shoebox’.

The registration form can be downloaded from Inspire’s website, but please email me if you have difficulty in locating it.

To centralise efforts, I have also created a Facebook group - Arts in Arun - http://tinyurl.com/p38qjn which will be used for regular updates. Please use that for specific questions.

A less frequent e-mailer will be sent out as necessary.

Space is limited at the Windmill Studio, so I do hope you will join us. July is not that far away and we would really love to put on a great show with a good turnout of artists.

If you cannot make this date, do please spread the word and give my email (or the Facebook link) to other interested artists.

Euphrosene Labon
Arts in Arun Co-ordinator 2009

www.euphrosenelabon.com
Go to Top of Page

Euphrosene
Average Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  15:03:10  Show Profile
Registration Form
To participate in Shoebox Art Fair 2009, please fill out this form and send it with your fee of £25 to Inspire Leisure. (See contact details below)

The deadline for all applications is July 17th 2009. Please note, space for this fair is limited. so get your place reserved now.

First Name

Last Name

Building/House Name

Address 1

Address 2

Town

Post Code

Telephone (Home)

Telephone (Work)

Mobile Number

Email Address

Website

Artist Description

Products

Contact Details
Carrie Reynolds
Inspire Leisure
Littlehampton Swimming & Sports Centre
Sea Road
Littlehampton
West Sussex
BN16 2NA

Tel: (01903) 725451
Fax: (01903) 724184
Email: carrie.reynolds@inspireleisure.co.uk

Shoebox Art Fair Coordinator
Euphrosene Labon euphrosene@euphrosenelabon.com
Telephone: 01903 774345

The Venue
Windmill Studio
The Windmill Entertainment Centre
The Green
Windmill Road
Littlehampton
West Sussex
BN17 5LH
Tel: (01903) 722224
Fax: (01903) 725606
Email: windmill@inspireleisure.co.uk

Map: http://tinyurl.com/qru3pp

FAQ
What can I use as a shoebox? As each table can accommodate two artists, the maximum size of ‘shoebox’ is around H30x W35x D46cm.

How big are the Artists’ Tables? There are 20 tables (with chairs), each able to take two boxes no larger than H30x W35x D46cm. What your shoebox looks like is down to personal choice. Each table is 4ftx2ft and must accommodate two artists – unless you choose to pay for the whole table.

When can I set up? The venue will be open at 10am for artists. The fair itself is open from 11:00-16:00 hours.

What art should I sell? Serious art buyers are not always the mega wealthy. However, this is a very busy time in the tourist season. It is also a beachside location, so fill your ‘shoebox’ with small affordable originals, prints or other artworks. But remember to bring a price list and brochure so that interested buyers and collectors can visit your gallery at a more convenient time. Remember, the objective is to attract new buyers, and that is best achieved with smaller, more affordable, pieces. All work displayed must be for sale.

What type of artists can participate? The Shoebox Art Fair is open to all artistic genres with a tangible product. Photographers, cartoonists, fine artists, illustrators, jewellers. The limit will be on size.

Insurance: All artists will be responsible for insuring their own artwork. The SAA www.saa.co.uk offers affordable insurance packages which cover loss or damage to artwork as well as some public liability. The venue itself will be covered through Inspire’s insurance.

Car Parking: There is a pay and display car park at the centre. The wardens are extra vigilant though as this will be the height of the tourist season. Arrive early to guarantee a place or park in one of the side roads for free.

How many artists per table? There is a maximum of two artists per table at £25 per half. One artist may rent out the entire table at £50. Artists may not sublet their space to another party without prior permission.

Can I show another artist’s work? Ideally the artist themselves should be present, but it is acceptable.

If I have to cancel will I get my money back? The fee, less £5 for costs, will be returned. if the event is cancelled, you will receive your fee back in full.

When must I pay the fee? The fee must be sent to Inspire Leisure along with your booking form. The deadline is 17th July 2009.

www.euphrosenelabon.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000