New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  22:39:57  Show Profile
Our ancient DVD player gave up the ghost this evening.

I had a HD Camcorder for Christmas so was thinking of upgrading to a DVD recorder instead of just a player - we don't need it for TV programmes, it's built in to the TV - having said that, that does not produce a disc, it's just stored on a hard drive.

I've read up a bit on blue ray but still don't quite get it - would there be any advantage over DVD esp regards video editing?

Karl@KCM

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  13:04:50  Show Profile
Are you intending to record from the HD camera to the DVD recorder?

Standalone Bluray recorders are not readily available on the market I don't think.

If you need it from your camera to a disk, the option is either dvd recorder, or going the computer route of dragging then editing, before burning to disk.

You'll have to clarify what you want a bit better to enable me to answer a bit better.
Go to Top of Page

BFA
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  22:47:25  Show Profile
Thanks Karl,

Between our posts I've been on a couple of other forums and the general consensus was that I should Read The ....... Manual! The camcorder manual that is.

Editing can be done on the camera itself, it has 2 SD cards - mine are both 16GB. Then fine-tuning can be done on the video application in windows 7 and a disc can be made if required.

The TV can also be connected to the PC if I wanted to transfer stuff from its hard drive to disc - 'can' being the operative word!

So I just replaced the DVD player - it was a toss-up between a Sony and a LG - went for the LG. Good choice! The TV is also LG and when I press the 'DVD' button on the TV remote, it will do everything the DVD remote does bar eject a disc!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000